Are Thursdays known for being auspicious? I think I will make it my new lucky day. Last Thursday I got a great job offer...today (now yesterday) I got the GREATEST job offer!
Yep, yesterday the official Invitation for Peace Corps service finally arrived on my doorstep! Last week I even called PC headquarters to ask the ETA of the invite, and they said 2-3 weeks. Then Monday, they teased me with an email, saying it was in the mail and would arrive in 7-10 days! Thank God it came early! And I mean it. It was so hard to wait! I just have to laugh!
But I do seriously want to take a minute to thank the Lord for orchestrating this whole thing.
From pushing me over the fence to take the plunge and apply last July, to pulling a nomination out of thin air in November when there was nothing available, to passing screenings/exams, guiding my decisions, putting all the right people in my life, coordinating several other miracles, and giving me the best assignment (I wanted to go to Peru from the start, but I didn't get to choose), and even sending it earlier than expected! I have no idea if it really is the "best" assignment, but I believe that God will continue to do great things and it will be great.
So, Peru it is! See you at Machu Picchu!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How exciting Megan! Please do keep me posted. April was actually in Peru for a month at the end of her YWAM training. They helped with earthquake relief. Anyway, I'll keep you in my prayers and am sorry I'm too far away to go to your party. Espero es fantastico!
ReplyDeleteMegan I am so excited for you. It is amazing how when you leave things up to God, he will make them work out even better then you thought was possible. I am sure that God is planning on working many miracles through you.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right, Megan! Let go and let God handle your stress. Sometimes it is a hard thing to do, but it works...Love,Susan
ReplyDelete